- Folk roll 1d6 for their Hit Die.
- Folk use Minor and Simple weapons.
- They can also use pistols.
- They can wear Light and Thick armor.
- They speak Lawful, one language of their choice, the language of Common Folk, and the languages of the Aurum, and the dialects of the Mountain Men.
- Folk receive a point of Luck whenever they roll a 20 or a 1.
- They receive a free horse at the beginning of the game.
- Folk may either hold two Career benefits at once or recieve an extra point in their Career benefit.
- At any level, Folk may elect to forgo a normal levelling roll and instead automatically receive +1 to saves.
- Folk may advance to Level 8.
- Folk may build a small town with minor outlying homesteads whenever they have the coin to do so.
- At level 8, they may assume the position of Sheriff in their town handily by election or showdown, or the previous sheriff stepping down in respect to serve as deputy, or whatever. At level 8, a fully vested Sheriff can collect taxes, form posses, run trials and summary executions, and a host of other fun wild west things, including passing and enforcing laws and marrying people. They also have a +1 reaction adjustment from their townspeople.
Additionally, at level 8 Folk may draw from the Fortune Deck once each night without spending Luck.