- Machines all require Strength 13 and Intellect 13.
- Machines do not use Hit Dice/Hit Points in the traditional manner, instead adding to their Constitution value as indicated on the chart below.
- Machines have a base Defensive Number of 15.
- Machines may use any Simple weapon (d6).
- Machines do not automatically use firearms.
- Machines speak Lawful and an additional Language.
- Machines all have a Design. They are either Apprenticed, Bookworms, Crafty, Defenders, or Expendable.
- Apprenticed Machines have begin with 6/6 in their Career Skill. They exist to serve specialized trade roles.
- Bookworm Machines succeed on Common Knowledge rolls of 2, and make Esoterica checks at an Easy Save. They know their Intellect bonus x2 in extra Languages. They are calculators, researchers, and engineers.
- Crafty Machines have a Defensive Number of 20. They are the builders and the diggers so are hardier and better protected.
- Defender Machines may use Major Weapons (two handed, d10) as well as pistols, shotguns, and rifles. These were built for combat and personal protection.
- Expendable Machines are +3 to Saves. In addition to all the uses you can imagine for expendable machines, these are also used for exploration.
- When a Machine is hit by an attack or damaged due to a failed save, reduce its Constitution by 1. Constitution Damage repairs itself at a rate of 1 point per night cycle (Machines are solar powered and power down for about 5 hrs. every night). A successful Tinker check lets you regain 1d6 points in a given otherwise restful day. They gain Constitution each time they level. Their Constitution Bonuses count for the purpose of like poison Saves and stuff. At Constitution 0 they are rendered inoperable and will not self repair, and they have to make an Easy Save or self destruct in some way determined by the DM.
- Machines all begin with some special Function. They may use this Function a number of times per day equal to their Level. The power supply for these Functions is their Constitution score. Each time a function is used roll the die associated with it and lose that amount of Constitution. If your Function would reduce you to Constitution 0 or less make an Easy save or else cease to operate. If you make the save you will regain 1 Constitution after a day of non-operation in the sun.
- At level 4 Machines recover at least 2 Constitution every night cycle. A successful Tinker check can also restore 1d3 Constitution while adventuring.
- At level 5 Machines may spend 1 Constitution to double their movement speed for a round (240/60).
- At level 6 Machines may express a new Function. It draws on the Machine’s Constitution score as well and may be used a number of times per day equal to the Machine’s current Constitution bonus.
- At level 7 Machines may spend 1 Constitution in order to move twice or attack twice in a round.
- At level 8 Machines recover 1d6 Constitution each night cycle, up to their maximum.
- At level 8, Machines have both lived past warranty and met the requirements for citizenship. They are also indistinguishable from normal men. Basically, their life begins anew. If they start a business or farm they can attract their Charisma in workers every year, and some may be other Machines (up to their Intellect Bonus). If they choose to keep adventuring then every 350,000 XP gained after 8th level they may take a level in a second class, fully vested in its abilities.
- Machines may advance normally to level 8.
Night Watch. See perfectly in pitch dark. 1d3.
Recorder. Perfectly recreate any sound the Machine has heard since its last dormant cycle. 1d3.
Seeker. See through wooden walls, through stone up to 1’ thick, through metal 1" thick. 1d4.
Doctor. Heal an ally 1d4 HP. 1d4. (Use the same roll for each value)
Punisher. A galvanic jolt surges through your skin, doing 1d4 damage and repelling targets human size and smaller 5’. 1d4.
Climber. Leap 120’ vertically or horizontally. 1d6.
Breaker. Additional 1d6 damage on a successful hit. 1d6.
Zapper. Target takes 1d4 damage, no attack roll required. 1d6.
Quartermaster. Manufacture a weapon (Minor or Simple) or item from your own body mass. 1d6.
Mover. Manipulate an object weighing up to your Intellect x10 lbs., up to your Wisdom x3’ away. 1d6.
Gazer. All targets in a 45 degree cone make a Tricky Save or take 1d6 damage, saves take half. 1d8
Grappler. Deal your full Constitution score as damage to a target you are currently grappling, no save. 1d8.
Charmer. As the spell Charm Person, penalty to their Hard Save equal to your current Constitution bonus. 1d8.
Aerial Scout. Fly full speed for 1 round. 1d10
Destroyer. 3d6 heat damage in 360’ for 15’. 3d6.
|Secondary Function||6||36800||+1 Constitution|
|Lightning Quick||7||73600||+1 Constitution|